Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Realizing a Dream

As a parent I feel I have an awesome responsibility to encourage my children and build up their dreams in them as much as I possibly can. To this end, my husband and I are always finding motivational and inspirational things to show the boys so they can see that anything is possible if you never give up and keep on believing in your dream. Right now, Ethan's dream is to play NFL football...with the Green Bay Packers (don't gag on your coffee this morning, Becks!) and, well, while it might not be the most realistic of dreams, if it's something he wants I am 110% behind him. But he is also learning just how hard you have to for work it. (Just ask him about his first practice as quarterback and he'll tell you!)

So when I came across this clip from Britain's Got Talent (another Simon Cowell program) on Kirsty Wiseman's blog yesterday, I immediately called Ethan and my husband in my office to watch it. I was moved to tears because THIS was someone who never gave up and because of that was finally seeing her dream realized....after she had it in her heart to do since she was 12. She's now 47. Please click the link below to see this amazing story (YouTube removed the embedding priviledge).

Britain's Got Talent - Susan Boyle

Susan Boyle, you inspire me! The world is your stage now! :)

Have a wonderful Tuesday!
xoxo,
k.

12 comments:

Karan said...

oh thanks for sharing that link ...This so reminds me of Paul Potts..who was also on Britain's got Talent...another heartwarming story, you might want to check him out on You tube as well Kelly, if Susan brought tears to your eyes, Paul Potts will definitely too...have a wonderful Tuesday!

Kimmie said...

WOW that was amazing

Surfk9s@msn.com said...

Thanks for the good cry this morning. My son has raced in Quarter Midgets, Legend Cars, Stock Cars and has always wanted to be a NASCAR Driver. He does have the talent only problem is money has crushed his dreams. I have prayed every night that someone would knock on our door and sponsor his dream. It is tough we too have told our boys to believe in your dreams and part of me is on the fence. It is in Gods hands now. Thanks for helping me believe again. Have a great day.

stephanie howell said...

she made me dissolve into tears and all of my arm hairs stand up straight. isn't she incredible. saw this on KWs blog too and simons faces are just amazing.

viki said...

Thanks for sharing that...simply inspiring:) I also want to compliment you on such wonderfully handsome sons you have and with parents like yourself they will achieve their dreams.

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Beautiful...

What a great story!

Tears streaming down my face while my daughter watched... beautiful.

I love stories like this. I loved how she held her head high, and kept smiling and being positive, despite the ridicule from the audience before she sang...

Loved it (and she is my age!)...

Cynthia Baldwin said...

That clip was wonderful! Thanks for sharing this - truly inspiring!

Christine Campbell said...

OMG Kelly!!! Thank you so much for posting that link, I bawled as much as I did watching Paul Potts. She was amazing!!!

Tam, I am said...

She is amazing!!! Thanks for sharing the link.

Beth S said...

Thank you for sharing the link. Truly amazing. I love stories like this.

Julia said...

Thank you for sharing - my whole family watched it!!

Cecile said...

Thank you so much for sharing this link it has really moved and inspired me:)She is amazing:)It just goes to prove that you should never judge a book by it's cover and always hold on to your dreams:)