Friday, October 03, 2008

I've gone International!

One of the most amazing things to me about scrapbooking is how universal it is. It's truly a global hobby (or obsession as the case may be). That point was completely proven to me when I got an email last month from Yuko Abe. She and her friend Yuko Motoyama (a designer for the awesome Pencil Lines sketch site) decided that their country of Japan was in need of a sketch challenge blog like those that are so popular here in the US and in other countries. They wanted to know if I'd be interested in being their very first sketch designer! How amazing is that? So I jumped at the chance to be a part of it!

The sketch went live on their site Scrap in Japan on October 1st (Sept. 30th here in the US) and will be up until mid-month when, from what I understand, the awesome Pam Callaghan will have her sketch go up (and trust me, you don't want to miss that one either!). I'd personally love to have everyone of you participate and I know Yuko and Yuko would appreciate a good push to launch their site, so I hope you'll go play and link up your layouts for them. I get to pick a "winner" of those that play and that winner will get some prizes of some sort.

Here is the sketch I did for them and the layout based on it. Please play along! I'm excited to see what you come up with!


Supply List:
Bazzill CS, Prima PP and chipboard buttons, Uniball Signo Pen, Pentel Pen, Colorbox (Clearsnap) chalk ink, Heidi Swapp chipboard alphas, Scrapworks waxy flax, Making Memories brads

7 comments:

Frogs-n-Butterflies said...

Very cool, rad, awesome lo! The white frame really makes this lo pop off the page. Congrats and I'll be trying this one out too!

Sarah Mullanix said...

Congrats, this a a great sketch and I LOVE the layout!!!

Karan said...

congrats Kelly, love the sketch and layout, off to check out the blog!

Katrina Southern California said...

I just love this layout. Can't wait to copy. Pencil lines is one of my favorite sites. Such wonderful ideas from such creative artist. Thank you for sharing and congratulations on being the 1st guest artist.
Sincerely, Katrina of Southern CA

Kim M said...

That is so awesome! You have such beautiful designs and that is wonderful that the international community recognizes that!

Anonymous said...

contratulations...this is a nice sketch, and you have awesome work!!!

tamari* said...

good luck!
ur a great artist!