Monday, February 19, 2007

Devastating News

Late last night we got a phone call from my sister-in-law. I could tell immediately from her voice that she had some bad news...apparently yesterday afternoon, my mother-in-law's house burned down. The fire started behind the fireplace somewhere (some faulty wiring or some such, they aren't exactly sure which right now) and one of my nephews was up visiting and happened to be there and called 9-1-1. Thankfully he made it out safely and no one was hurt (and my mother-in-law was at church). It seems that the only thing salvagable might be the washer/dryer and a deep freeze. Everything else is a total loss. Now begins the long process of insurance claims, deciding if she wants to rebuild, and what we're going to do. I know she'd appreciate any positive thoughts you might want to send her way.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Kel - I'll send her good thoughts :( So glad no one was hurt!

Anonymous said...

Bonjour,

I'm Prolix from 2peaz.
I just discovered your artwork and wanted to tell you I love it.

I sincerely hope everything will be better soon for your family, and send you for them best wishes.

hugs*

{ThE fReNcH tOuCh}
http://prolix.typepad.fr

Unknown said...

Oh Kelly! That's just awful! I'm so sorry. I'm thankful that no one was hurt.
I hope that things can be settled quickly and without any hastle.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, Kelly! I lost everything I owned in a fire in 2002 so I can relate to that loss and devestation. I will keep your mother-in-law, you and your families in my thoughts and prayers!

Missy said...

I'm thinking of you and your family.
You'll be in my prayers, Kelly.

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry to hear about everything. I am glad no one was hurt. Your family will be in my prayers....

Anabelle O'Malley said...

I'm so sorry!! Please let her know she's in my prayers...

Tracey Odachowski said...

Oh, Kel, I'm so sorry. I will definitely have her and your family in my prayers.

Allison Cope said...

Wow! I hope you get everything straightened out really soon! Take care!!

Anonymous said...

Kelly, I'm so sorry that, that has happened. I hope that all the paper work goes smoothly and things will be better soon. I can't even imagine how hard that would be!

Davinie Fiero said...

Oh my gosh, that's terrible! AT least nobody got hurt! Everything else is just that.... things. ((hugs)) to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

so sorry to hear this kelly. i'll be praying.

Jana said...

I'm SO sorry to hear about this....I'm just glad everyone was alright.